Hands down, Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays.
I love putting together fun costumes for me, Dan & Babs. I also love decorating our house and hosting Halloween get-togethers with a killer playlist and full spread of spooky snacks & drinks.
Today, I’m combining two of my favorite things: Halloween and cheese. This creepy cheeseboard was SO much fun to create. All of the food items came from Publix – they have an amazing cheese selection! Here’s what I used:
- Sage Derby cheese – The green marbled look is perfect for Halloween and this cheese is DELISH.
- Chipotle smoked gouda (Boar’s Head)
- Drunken Goat (one of my favorite cheeses!)
- Herb-crusted Salami (Boar’s Head – you could substitute for your favorite cured meat)
- Multi-grain cracker crisps with dried cranberries
- Bleu cheese stuffed olives – because they look like eyeballs
- Walnuts – because they look like brains
- Red grapes
A good rule of thumb is to have a variety of cheeses – both hard and soft. You should always add fresh or dried fruit and I love to use some form of nut as a space filler. I typically add a pickle (gherkins, pickled okra), but ran out of space. You can certainly make this same cheese board sans meat or with vegan cheese, if that floats your boat. Bottom line: use your favorite ingredients, get creative and have FUN with it!
I’ve linked our wood cheeseboard and a few other cute boards/cheese knife sets. The skeleton chameleon came from Target a few years ago – a few similar options are linked below:
Do you love Halloween? What are you dressing up as this year? Let me know in the comments and as always, thanks so much for following along!