Happy Friday! Can I get an amen for this short work week?
Last Thursday, I had the immense pleasure of spending a morning with Linds, the mastermind behind Lucid Linds Photography & Creative (on Insta as @shotbylucidlinds). She is a true talent and also just downright fun to hang out with. I have a ton of amazing images she captured that day that I’ll be sharing soon, but for now…
I am now at the age where I’ve actually witnessed quite a few trends from my childhood come full circle. Hence the inspiration for today’s post. The 90s are back, baby… and I am here for it! Here are a few trends that I’m loving:
- AcId WaSh DeNiM | Personally, nothing says Kelly Kapowski to me quite like a good pair of high-rise, acid wash jeans. The pair I’m wearing here is part of the new clothing collab at Target called Wild Fable. (I recommend going down one size!)
- CrOpPeD SwEaTsHiRtS | Calling all Fresh Prince of Bel-Air fans… this one’s for you. The top I’m wearing is also part of the Wild Fable collection (I’d say it’s true to size). Fitting right in with Will and Jazzy Jeff over here.
- ScRuNcHiEs | It honestly took me years to purge my scrunchie collection and wouldn’t you know it… they’re back and better than ever. My favorites can be found at Urban Outfitters and Free People.
- FaNnY PaCkS | I’m not talking Urkel’s fanny packs… Gucci even has one for goodness sake. I know this is one of those accessories that has gotten a bad rap over the years and you can color me a nerd, but I love them. The convenience alone? Can’t beat that. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t keeping an eye out for a cute little number to take to Paris with over the holidays.
- WiNdBrEaKeRs | Ok, it needs to be big and baggy and preferably neon colorblock. I’ve actually been on the hunt for a great vintage windbreaker, but no luck just yet. Stay tuned! Here is a modern pullover style from REI that I also love.
That’s it, y’all… the 90s trends that I think are all that and a bag of chips. I’d love to hear your thoughts – any trends that you love/hate/hate to love that are making a comeback? Let me know in the comments and as always, many thanks for following along. Have a great weekend!