It’s like Christmas in July… the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here!
Full disclosure – I did not wake up in the wee hours yesterday to shop the sale because we had an early flight for a friend’s wedding (which was lovely by the way – see photo below).
Anywho, while I’m going to go ahead and promise in advance not to blow up your feed, I do want to stress that this sale is a great opportunity to stock up on some amazing items! For today’s Friday Five, I am going to share a few quick tips to shopping the sale, followed by a few of my favorite items that are currently in my cart:
- The sale is currently open for early access to cardholders only. It is open to the public from July 20th-August 5th. If you are not a cardholder, you can still browse items here.
- The #nsale is an amazing opportunity to stock up on amazing basics (my personal favorite way to shop) like denim, tees, booties, jackets, etc. A lot of people use the sale to buy “splurge” items at a steal too – I think it all boils down to personal preference and what exactly you’re looking for!
- Items sell out really quickly so if you find something you love, it’s in your best interest to purchase right then and there. That said, they do tend to restock a ton of items (and even introduce some new items) before the sale goes live to the public.
- My favorite thing to do is buy online and have everything shipped to my closest Nordstrom store. They usually arrive within a few days to a week, and I can then drop by to try things on and return what doesn’t work. It’s super easy!
- If you are a Nordstrom cardholder and you have a Triple Points Day to use, I highly recommend using it during the sale! You’ll be that much closer to earning a Nordstrom note for future purchases. Here is a a full breakdown of the rewards that come along with being a cardholder!
Like I mentioned above, I’ll be utilizing the #nsale to find some great basic pieces that will carry me into fall and winter. We’ll be spending Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Paris this year, so I’m also on the hunt for some fun items for that trip!
- I love this color block sweater! Camel and black is one of my favorite color combos and I’m loving the mockneck detail too. So cozy.
- I’m in the market for a pair of new booties, and I have always been a huge fan of Lucky Brand. Pro tip: I’m a true 8 but I’ve found that I typically have to go up one half size in their boots/booties.
- To know me is to also know that I love leopard print. I think these beauties would be so perfect for Paris with an all black ensemble.
- Free People tees are the best. I have some that are going on 5-6 years old and still holding strong. I love this mustard color for fall!
- I’m loving the graphic hoodies trend right now… this one by Levi’s would be great for a lazy day, running errands or traveling.
- Since I’m now back to working in an office environment, I’ve been on the lookout for wardrobe pieces that could easily be worn for work or play. I love the slouchy look of these trousers – I’m sure they’d be very flattering on!
- I love this floral midi dress… would look so cute with booties and a floppy felt hat, or you could even dress it up with heels for a fall wedding.
- Like I said, I’m in the market for some new denim. I’m a big fan of high-rise jeans, and love the buttons and wash on this pair!
- Leith is a brand that I love to shop at Nordstrom. They make THE most flattering dresses (I own this one in black and wear it all the time – it seriously has a cult following!). I love this longer knit dress and think it would be perfect for layering into the fall and winter.
- Umm… NEED this beret for Paris. That is all.
- This year, I’d love to be a little more strategic with the #nsale and knock out a little Christmas shopping. This set by Jo Malone London would make an amazing gift! There are also a ton of fragrances, beauty bundles, and accessories (scarves, phone cases, etc.) that would be great as gifts or stocking stuffers!
- Last but not least… this bag. I actually bought this exact color during the #nsale last year and it is hands down one of my favorite travel bags EVER. It is expandable, so if you’re getting away for a quick weekend trip, you can pack a few outfits and essentials and when you arrive at your destination, zip it back up and use it as a purse! It’s so versatile and because it’s by Longchamp, you know the quality will be amazing. Comes in a few colors – I cannot recommend it enough!
Well that’s all for now, folks. If you’re new to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I hope these tips and picks have been helpful! I’d love to know if you’re planning to shop the sale, and what types of pieces you’re looking for specifically! Again, I don’t plan to blow you up by any means, but I hope to share a few more picks with you soon. As always, thanks for following along!